I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.
The king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God will glory in him.
(Parts of) Psalm 63
Recounting God’s faithfulness today:
– We woke up! With health and energy to seize this day.
– Our kids, and we, got to read God’s Word together, freely.
– We were fed good, nourishing food.
– We have excellent teachers for our children.
– We are enjoying awe-inspiring weather.
– One of our older friends here didn’t break her hip when she fell, and should recover completely.
– We have shelter, water, electricity, a fire, handy machines to do much for us…and one of my favorites, flushing toilets! 🙂
– We are surrounded by a family of faith.
– My kids are a joy to my heart.
– We are learning His grace and growing in faith.
– Christmas lights are bright and glowy and making me feel cozy and happy.
– We have been blessed by so much kindness here. Our cups run over with thankfulness.
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
I am so thankful that whatever comes… tonight, tomorrow or in the distant future…my security rests not in my “watchdog” (ha-ha-ha), not in law enforcement, my bank account, or government, but in the Creator of Heaven and earth who holds my hand and gives me peace. His faithfulness endures FOREVER! (Even when I am faithless).